Monday, December 28, 2009

The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace


The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace

Nancy Grace is one of my go-to shows. When I want to know all the details of a certain scandal, I go to her on HLN. She's great! So I looked forward to reading her fiction novel, The Eleventh Victim. I think the main character, Hailey Dean, is probably loosely based on Grace herself. Hailey Dean is a psychology student who is engaged to Will. Will is murdered and she changes her life direction by becoming an attorney. She single-handedly puts a serial killer behind bars for the rest of his life but the toll it takes on her changes her life again. This time she moves from Atlanta to New York and goes back to psychology. But 5 years later, murders begin occurring again with the same MO as the last serial killer she put behind bars.

Nancy Grace, herself was engaged to a man who was violently murdered. She is from Atlanta and moves to New York and becomes prosecutor of violent crimes for a decade and she had 100% success rate. Then she joined Court TV and covered major crimes for 10 years and now has her own legal analysis show.

The story was credible and her descriptions good. But it still had a slightly sophomoric feel. I'm not saying I could do better! It just misses something. Can't put my finger on it. It does have some rather violent scenes so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 16 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment