Thursday, April 1, 2010

USA Japan For Africa

When it comes to TV, it doesn't get much more wackier than the stuff that the Japanese put on their air. Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against the Japanese OR their television programs. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I rather enjoy the crazy stuff that they do. I even prefer that it is without translation OR subtitles because it makes it more amusing to wonder what in the heck everyone is doing. And why.

The video below illustrates my sentiments above perfectly. I'm unclear as to whether the show on which this hilarious debacle took place is a game show, a variety show or some sort of "talent" competition. Whatever it is and for whatever reason, a bunch of cleverly costumed performers or contestants provide their interpretation of "We Are The World". Pay close attention to the guy who looks like Smokey Robinson (after all of the weird plastic surgery) but is supposed to be Bruce Springsteen. And, as always, I'm completely open for any sort of explanation to this awesome, yet inexplicable, weirdness.



No comments:

Post a Comment